- Klarstein’s Air Conditioning Units: get the best deals!
- How to choose the right Air Con Unit?
- Things to consider when buying an Air Conditioner
- How to use the Air Conditioner in an energy efficient way?
Klarstein’s Air Conditioning Units: get the best deals!
As nice as the summer season is, an air conditioning unit will provide quick and effective help when the days are extremely hot, and the nights aren't much cooler. Even a small cooler can bring down the temperature in your living room and bedroom, making the purchase of such a device the perfect choice for your office as well.
On Klarstein you can find a variety of air conditioners - from powerful split air conditioners to portable air conditioners which are perfect for use in a caravan, home, or weekend cottage. When you want to cool a room you should pay attention to the technology, mechanism, and energy consumption features. In our online shop we provide a variety of coolers for different uses, providing you with essential insights to make the best choice.
How to choose the right Air Con Unit?
There are different models of air conditioners on the market, each one with its pros and cons. Following the main types of air con units:
- Portable Air Conditioners
These devices offer maximum flexibility, as they can be easily moved and are not bound by any outdoor unit. Although the performance of portable air conditioners is lower than fixed air con units and they tend to be noisier, portable devices are a good solution for home environments and small offices, because they are more versatile. Some mini coolers include a dual function, offering cooling and heating.
The functionality of these air conditioners is straightforward: the core of the device is the compressor, which cools the refrigerant that is then circulated in a large coil. A fan sucks the hot air from the room and forces it through the cold coil, obtaining a double effect: the air is reintroduced into the cooler room and part of the humidity, which condenses upon contact with the cold metal of the coil, is eliminated. The hot air resulting from compressor operation, together with the humidity accumulated on the coil, is conveyed out of the house through the necessary exhaust pipe.
- Split Air Conditioners
They consist of an external compressor connected to the internal element fixed to the wall in the room to be cooled. Some models are only used for cooling, while others are equipped with a heat pump, which also allows the air to be heated in winter. Split air conditioners perform two functions: cooling the room and heating the air, in addition to your room heater. This means that by installing a heat pump air conditioner, you can ensure the ideal climate management for temperature, humidity, ventilation, and air cleanliness with a single product.
|Split Air Conditioner||
|Air Conditioner with Inverter||
|Portable Air Conditioner||
Things to consider when buying an Air Conditioner
How to find the right air conditioner or mini air conditioner for your needs? When buying the right device for your needs, it is important to have an overview of the main solutions available, e.g. how much money you have to spend and how to use the device in an efficient way. The following criteria are important to consider:
- Power: A portable air conditioner is less powerful than a standard air con unit. Therefore, it is more suitable for small rooms and occasional use.
- Noise level: Carefully check the air con unit’s decibel emissions. It would be annoying not to be able to sleep if you keep it on during the night.
- Price: This usually depends mainly on the power of the air con unit. They can be expensive, especially if you choose one with multiple functionalities.
- Energy consumption: A rating system, from A++ to E, is used to determine which models are most energy intensive. It's recommended to always choose energy-efficient air conditioning units, ideally in the A or A+ class.
- Size of the room to cool: For a small room a portable air conditioner may be more suitable. The airflow rate should also be adapted to the volume of the room.
The measurement for the output of an aircon, such as the cooling capacity itself is BTU/h or Kw/h. BTU stands for British Thermal Unit and means the cooling capacity per hour. As for the kilowatt/hour ratio, it does not refer to the output power, instead it does express the energy consumption of the air conditioner.
For example, an air con unit delivering 3 Kw/h will not necessarily consume 3 kilowatts per hour. Assessing the power is essential to make the right choice, as based on the size of the room you will be able to find the most efficient device for your needs. As a rule of thumb, you can refer to the following overview:
|Room size in square meters||Recommended power in BTU/h|
|0 - 10||5000|
|10 - 15||7000|
|15 - 25||9000|
|25 - 40||12000|
|40 - 50||15000|
|50 - 60||18000|
How to use the Air Conditioner in an energy efficient way?
One of the general rules to achieve good cooling quality during the summer season is certainly not to over-cool the rooms. To obtain an optimal level of comfort, it is sufficient to set the temperature 5 to 7 °C lower than the outside temperature. In fact, an excessive temperature difference between the external and the internal environment is a waste of energy, and it can be harmful to health.
In the same way, it is a good idea using the special fins that direct the flow of air for this purpose. Also on hot days, in the middle of the day, in order to disperse energy costs, it is a good idea not only to keep the windows closed but also to ajar the shutters or protect the windows with curtains providing shade. Following some additional tips to maximise the performance of your air conditioning unit:
- Set the exhaust air speed to less than 0.25 m/s
- Consumption is highest when the appliance is started. Therefore, avoid switching it on repeatedly
- Clean the filters and replace them according to the instruction manual
- It is recommended to run the air con unit in ventilation mode for one hour at the end of the hot season
- Close the doors and windows when the unit is running
On Klarstein you can find a wide range of air conditioners, whether you prefer a fixed aircon or a portable air conditioner for your home or office. Don’t miss our offers and let yourself be inspired by the innovative design of our devices, built with high-quality materials, and offering long-term value for your money. All our Klarstein products come with a two-year warranty and free return of orders within the first 60 days. To get more information on how to find the right air con unit, check out our Air Conditioner Buying Guide!