- Basic cooking modes in an electric oven
- Electric oven: useful additional features
- What is a self-cleaning oven?
Klarstein electric ovens: elegance and functionality for your kitchen
Thanks to their versatility and greater energy efficiency, modern electric ovens are now present in most kitchens worldwide, and they are gradually replacing traditional gas ovens. Their advanced features allow for fine-tuning the generation and management of internal heat, enabling to easily and safely prepare a wide range of recipes.
No matter what features you are looking for; just like fridges and washing machines, ovens belong to the large home appliances segment, whose choice must be carefully considered: the central aspect to consider is not only the use you intend to make of them but also the right design, to match the personality of your custom kitchen, especially when opting for a built-in oven At Klarstein, you'll find a wide selection of multifunctional ovens for sale, designed for maximum performance and ease of use. Below you can find a brief overview of their primary and advanced features.
Basic cooking modes in an electric oven
Modern electric ovens generally allow you to use four different cooking modes: static oven, fan oven, grill (also with recirculation) and steam oven. The most advanced combi ovens in some cases include pre-set programmes, such as multi-level cooking and baking function, which independently manage the cycle of use of the different heating elements, combining these main functions:
- static oven: heat is generated by two elements, located on the base and on the top of the oven, which heat up when electricity passes through them. The heat is spread by radiation, which is particularly suitable for preparing roasts, bread and pizza.
- ventilated oven: to ensure more uniform cooking, in addition to the heating elements, fan ovens generate a flow of air that transmits heat by convection, giving food a crispier outside and softer inside, ideal for preparing leavened cakes, fish, vegetables and lasagne. A fan-assisted electric oven is equipped with an additional circular heating element located near the fan, which heats the air introduced inside, allowing the different levels to be used with maximum efficiency
- grill oven: the coil at the top becomes incandescent, reaching the high temperatures required for perfect browning or gratin baking. It is essential to position the food at the right distance from the grill to avoid burning it, and when available, you can activate the fan to facilitate the recirculation of the heat generated by the coil throughout the compartment, combining the principles of radiation and convection
- steam oven: this function is present in some high-end models equipped with a water tank. However, the function of steam - introduced in small quantities into the oven - is not to cook food, but simply to provide a certain amount of humidity during cooking, to keep food juicier and prevent it from drying out.
Electric oven: useful additional features
Do you spend a lot of time in the kitchen, or like to experiment elaborate recipes? Then it's a good idea to spend a bit more and get yourself an oven with additional functions, for more comfort and safety.
Fast preheating is a handy feature when preparing recipes like cakes, requiring to start the baking process when the internal temperature is already at its maximum. Thanks to the fast pre-heating function, your oven can reach the optimal temperature in just a few seconds. With programmed cooking, you can also set your oven’s operation times several hours in advance and check the different stages on the digital display. Automatic cooking, on the other hand, allows the oven to set the appropriate cooking parameters, including temperature, time, heating elements to be used and mode, depending on the food or recipe selected in the menu. With the multi-level option, you can cook two dishes at the same time, placing them on two different trays of the internal compartment, without risking contamination of flavours and smells. If you wish to create a personalised sequence of the various cooking phases, we recommend choosing a model equipped with a memory function. The control panel and door lock functions are handy to avoid accidentally opening or changing the cooking programmes, especially when there are children in the house.
What is a self-cleaning oven?
Keeping your oven clean is of paramount importance not only for hygiene but also for proper maintenance and durability. Especially when the oven is installed under the hot plate, cleaning is inconvenient and tiring. To overcome this problem, some models offer the innovative automatic heat cleaning function, based on the principle of pyrolysis. What is this? By selecting the appropriate option on the control panel, the internal compartment heats up to a temperature of around 500 degrees, so that dirt caused by splashes or grease encrusted on the walls is charred and falls as ash onto the base. An acoustic signal informs you that you can open the oven again and remove the residue with a simple wet cloth.
Self-cleaning ovens offer several cleaning cycles, with variable programme durations. The shortest one, of about one hour, is sufficient to remove residual cooking smells, while the longest one is adequate to get rid of encrustations. The oven manages the programme in total autonomy and safety, requiring minimal manual work for cleaning and avoiding the use of polluting chemical products.