- Klarstein’s Dehumidifiers for a pleasant indoor climate
- How does a Dehumidifier work?
- How to choose the best Dehumidifier for your needs?
- Benefits when buying a Dehumidifier on Klarstein
Klarstein’s Dehumidifiers for a pleasant indoor climate
Plaster is peeling off walls, mould appears on the ceiling, and wood on furniture is rotting? These are all signs of excessive moisture in your home, but dehumidifiers can help you solve the problem. Dehumidifiers are handy devices as they extract moisture from the air, making it drier and less unpleasant. Desiccant dehumidifiers are often used for hygienic reasons, as high humidity can cause mould and fungus to form, not to mention specific health reasons, as very humid environments usually cause several discomforts in the human body.
Dehumidifiers generally have dual use: in winter, they can remove humidity from rooms, making them more pleasant to live in, while in summer they have a beneficial action against excessive heat. This is also the reason why modern air conditioners can also operate as dehumidifiers, as removing the excessive moisture from the air can be perceived immediately and provide more comfort when temperatures are high.
When purchasing the best dehumidifier for your needs, the specific type of dehumidifier plays a key role, as there are many different models on the market. On Klarstein you can find different dehumidifiers for sale, including electric dehumidifiers and air dehumidifiers. They can be used in different areas, such as car dehumidifiers or bathroom dehumidifiers where you want to get rid of mould effectively.
How does a Dehumidifier work?
When buying a dehumidifier, it also means to know the functionality of the specific models available. There are many functions, and their usefulness always depends on your individual needs. Following some important features commonly found in a dehumidifier:
- Laundry Drying: Combined action of the dehumidifier and a jet of hot air, designed to speed up the drying clothes.
- Ionisation: The ioniser is a component that scatters negatively charged ions into the air and forces water particles to stick to the walls. It is useful as it makes the air in the house cleaner.
- Air Purification: Dehumidifiers usually also operate as purifiers, which means that they remove bacteria, allergens like dust and microorganisms, such as fungi from the air. In any case, depending on the size of the room you need to sanitise.
- Smart Features: Some dehumidifiers include additional features, such as a control panel lock, automatic switch-off and speed control. Some devices can even be controlled remotely through the Klarstein App. This gives you flexibility in the use, as you will be able to adjust its main settings and program its operating times from anywhere, using your smartphone or Wi-Fi connection.
How to choose the best Dehumidifier for your needs?
Depending on the model of dehumidifier you like to choose, its performance and usefulness may vary depending on the size of a room. In this sense, there are two types of air dehumidifiers to consider: electric dehumidifiers and natural dehumidifiers:
Are disposable and last around 2 - 3 months. They comprise a bag or container containing a clay-type material or her elements such as salts and minerals. These materials work because they can attract water particles found in the air, retaining them to dehumidify the environments where they are used. These models only last a few weeks and have a much lower performance level than electric dehumidifiers. The flow rate is also reduced, and usually, these solutions are not effective if the room size is more than 12 square metres.
Are a reliable solution for dehumidifying an average-sized house or room. This is because they are much better performing than natural models, as they cover a larger area in square metres and can potentially last forever. With these devices, it’s an investment that pays for itself in the medium or long term, cheaper than natural solutions. Following some advantages when using an electric dehumidifier: It’s possible to cover large rooms and indoor areas. Smart features are included depending on the model. It lasts a long time and generally doesn't need to be replaced.
Benefits when buying a Dehumidifier on Klarstein
First, the respective room size should be considered when choosing a dehumidifier, electric dehumidifier, air dehumidifier or bathroom dehumidifier on Klarstein. In larger rooms or rooms with high humidity, a model with a large tank is recommended. The larger the tank, the less often it has to be emptied. Models with a filter are also useful. These not only remove excessive moisture from the room air, but also filter the air at the same time - which is not only an advantage when dealing with allergies, but also ensures improved air quality and can remove unpleasant odours.
Furthermore, when buying a dehumidifier, its consumption plays an important part as well. Especially if the device has to be used frequently, the power consumption should be as low as possible. This helps to keep the resulting energy costs low.
On Klarstein all our dehumidifiers are built with high-quality materials, innovative design and offering long-term value for your money. Additionally, our products come with a two-year warranty and free return of orders within the first 60 days. To get more detailed information, check out our Dehumidifier Buying Guide!