- Klarstein’s Coffee Machines: a fresh start for your day
- How to choose the best Coffee Machine?
- Differences of Filter Coffee Machines, Espresso Machines and Bean to Cup Coffee Machines
- Benefits when buying a Coffee Machine on Klarstein
Klarstein’s Coffee Machines: a fresh start for your day
Everyone likes coffee, a nice hot cup gives you the energy to get through the day. Some people make their coffee with instant coffee, using a standard electric kettle. If drinking coffee is a daily ritual for you, as an alternative to the traditional mocha coffee, the most logical choice is to buy a coffee machine to prepare it in no time and with no effort, whether you are looking for a filter coffee machine, espresso machine or bean to cup coffee machine.
The right fit of a coffee machine has ultimately to do with your personal taste. Should you choose an espresso machine or a filter coffee machine? With a built-in bean grinder or for use with ground coffee only? Do you usually use capsules or do you like cappuccino? In this case, a coffee machine with milk frother will be essential.
How to choose the best Coffee Machine?
Once you have decided on the type of coffee you want to prepare, it is up to you to choose the coffee machine that suits your needs. These are the main types of coffee machines available on Klarstein:
- Filter Coffee Machines: they work from according to a top down principle. Water is poured into a water tank at the top and heated with a built-in heating device. The hot water drips through a filter filled with ground coffee. Finally, the coffee comes out of the filter into a pot at the bottom. Most coffee machines have a heating plate at the bottom to keep the coffee hot.
- Espresso Machines: if you like strong and intense coffee, an espresso machine is the best choice. The secret of espresso machines is the control over the water temperature, and these usually work at the optimum temperature at around 90°C, as boiling water spoils the coffee, giving it a bitter taste.
- Bean to Cup Coffee Machines: instead of using ground coffee, a bean to cup coffee machine has an integrated coffee grinder above the filter container for the roasted beans. The individual grind (coarse, medium or fine) is very easy to set so that the best coffee beans for the coffee maker with grinder enter the filter and produce a great coffee with a particularly intense aroma.
Differences of Filter Coffee Machines, Espresso Machines and Bean to Cup Coffee Machines
Each type of coffee machine differs in taste, as well as in the way it is prepared and various other characteristics. In the table below, we provide some information of the pros and cons of each coffee machine to help you understand which solution meets your needs best.
|Filter Coffee Machine||
|Bean to Cup Coffee Machine||
Benefits when buying a Coffee Machine on Klarstein
The process of preparing coffee always involves grinding the beans and then boiling them in hot water to extract the flavour. What differentiates an espresso from filter coffee is the fineness of the grinding and the way the hot water mixes with the ground coffee. To grind it you need a coffee grinder, which your coffee machine often comes with, allowing you to make the most of the freshness of the beans. Here is a list of the different types of coffee.
- Filtered or drip coffee: is prepared by dripping hot water through a filter that is filled with ground coffee. The usual size of a filter coffee is 240 ml and contains about 90-200 mg of caffeine. Filter coffee can be prepared using a coffee machine with a filter
- Espresso coffee: this is a small cup of strong coffee. The usual size of a small espresso is 30 ml, containing about 80 mg of caffeine. A good espresso should also have a layer of creamy, golden foam on top of the cup. Espresso can be prepared with a moka, an espresso machine using coffee powder or capsules.
- Cappuccino: is prepared with espresso, hot milk and milk foam. A traditional cappuccino is made up of 1/3 coffee, 1/3 hot milk and 1/3 foamed milk. It can also be prepared with espresso machines, as some of them are equipped with a milk frother.
- Latte or milk coffee: is made with espresso and hot milk. A standard 240 ml latte is usually made from a single espresso (30 ml), a large portion of hot milk and finally a layer of foamy milk.
- Mochaccino or mocha: is made by mixing a small espresso with hot chocolate.
- American coffee: is prepared by mixing hot water with espresso coffee. The amount of caffeine relative to volume is similar to that of filter coffee, but the taste is different.
On Klarstein you can find a wide range of coffee machines, whether you prefer filter coffee machines, espresso machines, bean to cup coffee machines or coffee pod machines, bringing out the best of the aromas and providing you moments of absolute pleasure while you sip your favourite drink.
Don’t miss our offers and let yourself be inspired by the innovative design of our coffee machines, built with high-quality materials, and offering long-term value for your money. All our Klarstein products come with a two-year warranty and free return of orders within the first 60 days.