Selected reviews from the German press
Cool wind turbine: space-saving 16" (41 cm) pedestal fan with economical 35-watt power consumption
Barely audible: super-quiet DC motor for operating noise from 17 to 58 dB (A)
Inspired by nature: patented rotor blade with two wing circles with 5 and 9 wind blades
Feel the summer: with the Klarstein Sommerwind pedestal fan, fresh wind comes to hot days - ideal for cooling overheated heads to a comfortable operating temperature.
Simple, powerful, cool - that is the working and design principle of the Klarstein Sommerwind pedestal fan. With its innovative 16"(41 cm) large rotor with two rings of 5 and 9 blades, it moves up to 5544 m³ / h of air per hour - finely adjustable in 22 speed levels from a whisper-quiet breeze to a cooling, powerful wind. Thanks to its 24-V low-voltage DC motor, it remains comparatively quiet with 58 dB (A) even at the highest level of operation and therefore suitable for use in noise-sensitive environments such as offices and bedrooms. But that's not all: it only consumes 35 watts in continuous operation and is therefore the economical and environmentally-friendly way to freshness in the summer. To adapt to individual wishes, there is a natural, sleep and quiet mode available in addition to the normal mode. The fan also features automatic, horizontal oscillation of the rotor, and an on/off timer can be activated between 1 and 12 hours.
So that the cool air can get everywhere, the fan head can be tilted vertically and the rotor can be adjusted in height by up to 17.5 cm. Thanks to its slim design, the Klarstein Sommerwind pedestal fan fits into almost any room to generate a cooling airflow. The fan is stable on its weighted base plate.
The simple and intuitive operating section with LED display, which has been integrated directly into the base, is particularly practical. Of course, it can also be fully operated conveniently by remote control.
16 inches for a fresh breeze: with the Klarstein Sommerwind pedestal fan, cool air blows through every room and sunny days are twice as fun.
- On / off switch on the cruise control
- Switchable, horizontal oscillation function
- Operating modes: Normal / Nature / Sleep / Quiet
- Nature mode: automatic change of wind speeds to simulate natural wind
- Sleep mode: like nature mode but with gradual lowering of the max. wind speed
- Quiet mode: continuous operation at the lowest speed at only 17 dB (A)
- On / off timer programmable in 0.5-hour steps from 0.5 to 12 hours
- Tiltable fan head
- Protective grille for operational safety
- Power consumption: 35 watts
- Sound power level: max. 58 dB (A) at the highest level
- Max. air speed: 2.1 m / s
- Remote control power supply: 2 x 1.5 V AAA batteries (not included)
- Power supply: 220-240 V ~ | 50/60 Hz
Dimensions and Technical Details
- Minimum height: approx. 117 cm
- Maximum height: approx. 134 cm
- Rotor diameter (including protective cover): approx. 46 cm
- Stand: approx. 40 x 40 cm (WxD)
- Cable length: approx. 1.6 m
- Weight: approx. 7 kg
What will be delivered
- 1 x pedestal fan as assembly kit
- 1 x remote control
- English-language instruction manual (other languages: German)
Delivery & shipment
Ready for shipping Delivery time: 3 - 5 workdays
We bought this Sommerwind fan as our second Klarstein product, having been so thrilled with the cordless Whisperwind fan which continues to exceed all of our expectations, thanks especially to its compact, inconspicuous and aesthetically pleasing design. For our second fan, the lower price of this Sommerwind appealed. What do we feel?
It's a brilliant fan: extraordinarily quiet throughout its 22 speed range and very attractive. And at the sale price, it is an undoubted bargain for a German-engineered and manufactured product.
However, I do prefer the Whisperwind model as it is so much more compact which makes it far less conspicuous in the room than the larger Sommerwind fan, using, as it does, 12" / 30cm instead of 16" / 40cm fan blades. This also allows it to be much easier to move around, and the Li-ion battery is truly transformational. Despite its small size, it still provides fully effective, near silent cooling. The specification shows the larger model moving far more air than the smaller model, but, really - we cannot notice this. They are both very effective and, if anything, I would say the Whisperwind is more so.
We wish, now, we had bought a second of them, but will keep the larger Sommerwind as it's a lot of trouble to return and, after all, it works entirely well and, despite its much larger size, still looks very attractive in our lounge.